I know all about Jenga.
In the 1990’s, my own children loved to try and stack the 54 hardwood building blocks on a snow day from school with Mom pointing and cheering them on.
Last year, assisting in the fifth grade classroom, we built one of the best Jenga towers, a game of physical skill, which was a favorite activity during indoor recess. However, I am currently working in the a first grade classroom and we used Jenga blocks just yesterday to set up a math game.
Jenga was created by Leslie Scott in the late 1980’s and according to statistics, as late as 2017, over 80 million games have been sold world wide. And over the decades there are number of collector edition Jenga games such as the Walking Dead, as well as so many other variants like the two described below.
Jenga® Ocean™ Game http://www.artsideas.biz/jeng a-ocean-game/
· Jenga® Ocean™ is the first board game ever using plastic recycled entirely from fishing nets.
· This game is a reminder of the urgent need to protect our oceans. Discarded fishing nets have been identified as the most harmful form of plastic pollution in the ocean. Every year, they trap tens of thousands of ocean animals, including whales, dolphins, sharks, sea turtles, seals, octopuses, and sea birds which become entangled and cannot escape.
· Each set of Jenga® Ocean™ game blocks is made from over 25 square feet of recycled fishing nets. The use of this recycled material will help reduce the continuing accumulation of plastic fishing nets in the ocean, helping to protect ocean sea life and ecosystems.
· Ages 6 to adult, MSRP $49.95.
· Available at jengagiant.com as well as specialty retailers.
· Jenga Giant JS7 is THE largest authentic hardwood JENGA® game you can buy!
· Fun to play and exciting to watch, it’s the perfect addition to any party!
· Key features include 54 oversized, precision-crafted, high quality, smoothly polished hardwood blocks with a Heavy Duty JENGA® GIANT™ Carry Bag.
· JENGA® GIANT™ JS7 is recommended for one or more players.
· Ages 12 to adult, MSRP $169.95.
· Available on jengagiant.com